COVID-19 Building Products Sector input to Australian Government26-Apr-2020
Building Products Sector input to the Australian Government on supply chain security and stimulus measures
The SRIA and related Industry Associations have provided Building Products Sector input to the Australian Government on supply chain security and stimulus measures in response to COVID-19.
The letters call on governments to create or bring forward stimulus measures for residential construction. The reason is to ensure supply chain security and continuity as well as take out the lumpiness of the demand cycle likely to be caused by the government's focus on post-COVID-19 infrastructure spending.
Click on the links below to read a full copy of the letters.
The SRIA letter was also sent to all State Premiers as follows:
- The Hon Gladys Berejiklian MP – Premier NSW
- The Hon Annastacia Palaszczuk MP – Premier QLD
- The Hon Daniel Andrews MP – Premier VIC
- The Hon Mark McGowan MLA – Premier WA; Minister for Public Sector Management; State Development, Jobs and Trade; Federal-State Relations
- The Hon Michael Gunner MP - Chief Minister of the Northern Territory
- The Hon Steven Marshall MP – Premier SA
< Go Back