What is the SRIAThe Steel Reinforcement Institute of Australia (SRIA) is the leading non-profit national organisation providing high quality technical support and information service to the Australian building industry on the use of reinforcing steel in concrete, primarily reinforcing bar and reinforcing mesh. The organisation actively supports and encourages the use of Australian capability and quality in the processing and use of reinforcing steel in concrete in an increasingly global market. The SRIA evolved from the Steel Reinforcement Promotion Group and was founded in 1988 reflecting the growing demand for technical assistance.
SRIA is funded primarily by the vast majority of the processors of steel reinforcing used in Australian construction and supported by the founding Australian mill (supplier) members and associate members. The SRIA Board sets the charter, strategy and governance through the representation and leadership of all processor and founding supplier member companies. The Board’s core objectives are developed and delivered through special committees and expert panels. The SRIA offers practical solutions to meet the diverse and ever changing needs of the Australian building industry.
The Institute delivers a wide range of tangible benefits to the building industry, including:
- regular news and updates on the use of steel reinforced concrete in Australia and around the world
- a wide selection of publications giving the latest information in design and construction methods
- seminars and presentations on design and detailing of steel reinforced concrete structures
- fact finding & study tours to landmark civil engineering and building projects
- lobbying governmental and legislative bodies on behalf of the Australian building industry
- drafting technical standards
Our goal is to encourage the economic, elegant and innovative design and construction of reinforced concrete structures
Download a copy of our Capability Statement here.